Sydney’s Inner West | Tightarse Tours | Cheap Backpacker Walking Tours Sydney Melbourne Australia
"Newtown Congregational Church, now the Greek Orthodox Church, opened in 1856 was built on land donated by Hon. J. Fairfax, founder of the Sydney Morning Herald. The first pastor was Rev. S. C. Kent, also principal of nearby Camden College. The school which adjoined the church was intended to provide a basic education for students who would proceed to the College for theological training."